Vaping In Teens

 The topic that I chose to do research on for Writing Project 2 was Vaping in Teens. This is a topic that I feel is very important especially since it is very popular within our generation. It has been said that the amount of vaping in teens has increased and this is causing the problem to get worse. We have heard stories time and time again from teens who went through horrible health reactions due to vaping. From starting my research, I learned that for one, the vaping in teens is considered an epidemic and for two there are actions being done by the FDA to help lower the population of teens vaping. I do believe that in this case, a paternalistic approach should be taken due to many of the reasons why vaping is being done. A lot of the time I've seen my peers feel like vaping is cool not knowing how much harm they are doing to their body. A lot of us do not know right from wrong so I feel like the government interfering in this case is a good thing and a step in the right direction.

Is vaping safe? | MD Anderson Cancer Center

Comments

  1. I agree that there is a bad vaping "culture" in our generation and I think it is great that you think the government should take a paternalistic approach to resolving it. However, if the FDA is already taking action, isn't the government already taking a paternalistic approach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your topic is very prevalent. I did not know that vaping for teens is considered an epidemic and that the FDA is helping lower the population of teens vaping. Keep up the great research.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment